Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The days of the other time


My wife and I went to our earth in another time in the future.  I recall lying down and almost waking fully several times and finally came out of it fully about the same time that she did.  We were in a kitchen of a home and my wife was doing daily chores such as our coffee. I asked her what she thought of the fact that we had stayed in bed two days before getting up.  She shrugged her shoulders and said nothing while continuing her work.  I noticed that a nearby heat vent was now putting out warmth and I thanked her for turning on the heat.  It felt good standing over the vent and warming up.  I walked around the kitchen and caught movement out of the side of my eye and I rushed to see what it was.

I saw a boy about twelve hurrying away toward the back of the house.  He was obviously frightened and he flashed bright green on his legs and back and then it filtered to most of his body.  I caught him by the shoulder and yelled out to Barbara.  I could see I frightened him and I was now not so frightened as I could easily see it was a child so I let him go and I made gestures to indicate that I was sorry and that I would not hurt him.  I backed off but the kid stayed.  We were soon joined by what I assumed was the boys family, a mother, father and several girls of various ages from early teen to early twenties.

Slowly we and they tried to communicate but it was difficult as the verbal language that the family spoke were not the English of my time.  We did notice that we could speak a bit, combine it with body language and made some progress and I noticed that I felt at times I could "hear" thoughts.  I worked on that feeling a bit and found indeed that I could communicate pretty well with just my thoughts.  The first thing I had said is that we were not there to hurt anyone.  It was important to me that they know this. Then I inquired as to who I was speaking with.

Soon the family was all sitting around the living room in a half oval while my wife and I were on the floor.  My wife was not saying much and was letting me take the lead.  I was half lying on the floor looking up at the family and felt a warm glow as I communicated knowing that I was being accepted for the strangeness that I was to this family.  Soon communication was no issue at all and it flowed as did normal conversation.  I was full of questions.

There was a knock on the door and I was hushed.  The person at the door was invited inside and I stayed with my back turned to them hoping that they would not know who or where that I came.  I noticed that the person was speaking with authority but could not understand the exact nature of the conversation.  I did get a glimpse and could see that the fellow looked stereo typically of Asian descent.  I motioned to my wife of what I had noticed and had thought that it might be picked up as a put-down by others.  The fellow left and it was explained that the person was indeed from the authorities but that it was alright.

As I settled in a bit I said to the bunch that I knew that they had daily lives to attend to and that I did not want to interfere.  At that time several of the kids had decided to leave and the father of the family had decided to stay home along with the mother.  I was burning with questions and I asked the most pressing.  My wife and I had both wondered why the mountains that we could see were all squat and fat, not the towering mountains of my time.  This was not really known and I was asked in return why I asked and I explained that in my time they were much taller and were often active volcanoes.  I asked then about the advances in curing cancer and again the notion of cancer was not known and I explained that it was runaway growth in cells that caused a tumor.

No comments:

Post a Comment