Thursday, September 22, 2011

Flying water experiments


I was young and being given the opportunity to help with medical experiments that were taking place on small ships.  I had traveled to the middle of the US to go on my first outing.  I was training in a new concept that could get you from place to place quickly to help others it was simply called "flying."  We were trying to help prove two concepts one of them "flying" and the other was that we would take blood and a small amount of tissue from one person to then help another. This was a more direct medical concept that later we were able to add to by trying a man made substance that could help seal body parts back together more efficiently.

We took this substance with us on our second outing in my home are of Seattle and tried it on a body part that we had taken out to mix with the blood of the other individual and then wanted to seal it back together and used the new substance which unfortunately failed.  We would be working to perfect that but for now we had to go with what was already being used which had some drawbacks.

I will explain a bit more about "flying." I was the first trained. I could use my body using a trained technique of using momentum and the natural wind being produced by the ship to bounce to another location quickly.  It could be anywhere within range but what we had in mind was to a place in the water or to another deck or anywhere you could see by line of sight that had injured individuals.  If done well and having enough momentum a first fly could be coupled with a quick second fly from the first landing position.

I had applied to be able to add my technique of "flying" to help with the tissue experiments.  After the first try at both I helped with the final write-ups.  I was given the chance to try the two techniques again on the Seattle ship as a follow-up.  On the second trip I remember walking the deck speaking aloud to myself about the supplies that the small ship wanted to take with them. Based off of the knowledge of the earlier experiments they wanted some cranberry juice as it had proven to help with some conditions, that they wanted the new substance for helping heal the organ and they wanted Beer as it was proven to help as well.

On the earlier ship we had traveled with a lady that signed and we met a teen-aged girl there with the family that owned the small ship that could speak sign but also use her voice and lips in soft sounds to extend communication many fold over traditional sign with voice.  When the two young women met I was standing nearby and the young girl had not been told that we were going to ask her to teach this to the other lady but when they met I could see the two made friends and the student lady was so eager to learn that I did not think it was going to be a problem.

After the second set of experiments we were walking down the street where there was a parade and the man we had been trying to help was walking with them parading for the belief that people needed to support this type of experiments.  I saw another man, gray beard walking not far behind and as I looked at him he said I am the living coach and I thought to myself that it was good we had been waiting for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment