Thursday, September 8, 2011

Trip to the service and then filth and blob hands




I was in a car load of passengers heading to a church service.  My wife was in the back with her dad and I was in the front seat.  I leaned against the door and propped my knees up some but not with feet on the dash and this drew the ire of the driver that said that the dash was not very sturdy and that I shouldn't prop the way I was.  I said, "Hey I have this perfected" and the other lady in the back seat beside my wife also gave me some grief.  After a bit I gave in and sat up.

We got to the service and were on a break.  My wife and I had left and went to a get together with this guy that was in his late twenties.  And older lady and a young daughter were also there.  The house was filthy, dirt was everywhere.  The toilet was filthy but there were rocks and stacks of old papers. The floors were just terrible.  There were piles of items everywhere and all you could think when seeing them was dirt, germs and all forms of bad.

I went to a room and opened up a folder of paperwork for something to do.  There was a small TV there as well that we watched. I hit the remote to turn down the sound and instead I lost the picture.  I tried to get the channel back but I had to turn the old fashioned knob like on the TV of the sixties and I could not get the channel back.  I wondered why I could not get the channel and the lady came over and got the channel back with one touch and I said, "Oh you have VHF out here," and she nodded her head yes.  She told me about a program she liked to watch and I said I would also watch UHF if I had it.

The phone rang and the lady could not find her phone.  She accused me of moving or stealing the phone.  I told her that I had not and that I had been reading.  The lady started saying if you don't think I am serious I am telling you that you shouldn't mess with me.  She was sitting in a big overstuffed chair.  I sat down on a little stool and my wife was in a chair.  When the lady was lecturing me her hands would turn from normal hands to a big lumpy blob about the size of a boxing glove.  She said that I should go to this certain web site section and then follow a link.  She told us there was some documentation there.  All of this time her hand would flash into a lumpy fleshly blob and then back to a normal hand, back and forth it went.

I started worrying about my smoking and I wanted to quit as it wasn't healthy and I thought well what can I do maybe buy Marlboros because that is what the kid had on the desk there.  I started thinking that the name brands were the worst for the poisons in them.  Finally I got up went over to the carton of Marlboros, took a pack and ripped off the covering.  I took a cigarette and told my wife it was time to go.  When we got out to the street we were a bit panicky and did not know which way we should turn. I started one direction and my wife stopped me and said no we should go the other way.  We had a ride to the service but we did not have a ride from this house back and it was quite a ways away from where the service was.  I did not at all want to go back because of her hands and the filth of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment