Friday, May 13, 2011

Neighborhood Threat


There was something incredibly strange and frightening that had happened in our neighborhood. There was a creature or creatures that were capable of extreme violence and were attacking all of us. My house seemed to be a gathering place for the survivors.  We had a large home that was crowded with neighbors, friends of neighbors and anyone else that was caught in our neighborhood earlier this night.

I was coordinating as best I could a response to the threat.  I was separating out those that would be on watch on each side of the room at the same time that we were asking who would go outside to watch from a pickup.  There wasn’t anyone that wanted to go so I knew we needed to draw straws.  I asked my mother to create some straws to draw.  Later she gave me a handful of pencil tips that were all about the same size and far too many of them so wasn’t sure what I could do with them and eventually threw them down to the floor. 

There was still a great deal of argument as we knew that the the people that may go out were in grave danger.  Eventually there were a few that went out. I wasn't going out and I was being yelled at for not being a volunteer. I did however make sure that I had put people on all windows and guarding all entrances and weak points.

No comments:

Post a Comment