Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Oral Therapy, the three hats, and the true self



There were four of us in the room.  There was the lady that the other three of us was sure needed our help.  We were using oral therapy techniques to help her.  At one point the floor had been given to me.  I was running down through verbal therapy with the lady how she would never remain herself, that she was always trying to become someone else.  It had taken some time to get to the point I was at. The lady, not wanting to face the reality of her actions, had fought hard to not admit and deal with it.  I had gotten her to a point of real discomfort at this point and again the lady answered in such a way to attempt to be another person than her true self.  I confronted her directly with the fact and pointed out what in her speech and body was telling me I was correct.  I was sure that I could break her down.  This would then allow me to build her back up while pointing out that this was the better way to go. 

Suddenly I saw the lady flash quickly through three gaudy women's hats rapid fire.  I am saying I could see this with my eyes as did the others near me.  This was not physically capable of happening but it did.   I started to speak and was motioned by the other two near me that they would take over at this point.  At nearly the same time as the women next to me said "This is who you are!" a gurney rolled out the door in the back of the room toward us.  The women that had been facing us this day suddenly started screaming, "No, No that isn't me, that isn't me!"  I could see on the gurney was a red-headed lady with no legs and not at all looking healthy.  I could tell although the protest had run out that this was indeed the ladies' true self.   

No comments:

Post a Comment