Saturday, March 19, 2011

Church Offering Help


I was a younger person and we went to church.  I was at the time a bit rebellious as I was when I was younger and I had been given the opportunity to take some counseling or something similar from the church. I was being asked if I would accept it in front of the whole congregation. They asked me what I thought about the church doing this and I spoke up and said, “I am not sure any other congregation would consider interfering in the life of someone unless asked.”  This is the essence of what was said and of course you might notice it was a bit snarky and rebelliously said. I looked on the stage at someone I loved dearly when I said this and they were on the pulpit platform.  I got a grimace of disappointment and I immediately followed up my last statement saying that although it is not common that I could understand that I could probably use some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment