Friday, November 5, 2010

Beach Resort

I was at an ocean beach resort.  It was a large and impressive layout.  The resort sat not 100 feet off of a white-sand playhouse.  People of all ages, shapes and persuasion were frolicking about having fun in the sun and the spray.  The resort frontage sprawled over at least a block of the great beach.  The style of the structure was that of a huge Victorian mansion and painted in a sparkling white-gloss finish.  The building was probably five stories tall and was speckled with shuttered windows. The key feature to me was the porch, which flowed down the front from one corner to the other. It was ten to fifteen feet deep and scattered with chairs, couches and tables.  White railing and posts gave it a sturdy but attractive look.  Several doors entered the huge building and each had steps that led to the beach in front.

Later I became aware the front of the resort was built even with the beach and that the back doors to the resort opened out two stories below.  The resort had been built on a sandy but solid small cliff.   When looking out from the windows above one could see that the immediate surroundings there were sand but that of a more substantial looking gray color.  If one were to keep walking you would enter a sparsely wooded area free from domestication and as one walked would go deeper and deeper into timber.  

When I entered the resort hotel from one of the entrances on the left front corner of the building I saw that it opened up into a grand lobby.  Many people milled about in the pleasant moods of vacation and holiday. I headed to the left wall of the structure. I walked down a long hallway running parallel with the side of the building.  Many rooms, sleeping quarters I assumed, were opening off at even intervals.  I went to the back of the building and took another open walkway that broke off to the left.  I was headed for yet another corridor that ran parallel with the side of the structure.  This corridor was not at all so inviting.  The farther I walked the dimmer and moldier the walls became.  The smell was increasingly pungent and nauseating.   With even more steps I began feeling a truly sinister quality to this particular area.  Something was seriously wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment