Saturday, June 25, 2011

To doughnut or not to doughnut



I was a student.  I was with many other students this day.  We were taken into a large auditorium with tall desks and platforms full of doughnuts.  There were every imaginable donut from lemon filled to cake doughnuts and maple bars to a simple glazed morsel.  We were told they were all for us.  Students were taking two and three platters heaping with goodies under their arms as they walked away. 

I was completely conflicted.  I was a vegetarian and I did not know where these doughnuts came from.  If they had come from Kirspy Kreme I could not eat them as there would be lard in them.  I didn't at all like not having any but I held to my conviction that I just could not take the chance.  That is until I walked out of the large auditorium and saw that the entry hall also had heaping platters of gooey treats.  I gave in grabbed myself a couple of platters and took them with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment