Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Annoyance, Rifles and Super Snow Machines


I was living in a house with a quite a few others. One particular lady among us was on every day irritating the household in the extreme. She was so mouthy and obnoxious that everyone disliked here. On one particular morning a man decided to end it. He had his rifle and meant to kill her. The rest of the house was ready to allow it, that is, except for me. I just could not allow it to happen. This day even the actions of the lady were not without provoking. The man had his rifle pointing in a window to the main room where during the day everyone spent their time. I stood up in front of the man blocking his line of sight to the victim.

I started to speak to the room pointing out to them the lady had not at all been very bad that morning and that those in the room were not without their peace in it by provoking her this day. I told them that the shooting was not going to happen. I was given a lot of respect and I could see that this made the impression I meant it to and the tension was over. Later it was suggested to me that I should become the leader. I hung out with the people for a while including the man that was going to do the shooting.

Later I could see out our window that we had many feet of snow and that there were two young guys in a hot-rodded sno-mobile that was ready to go down a long shoveled path between houses. They started down the path and then through the house next from us and on through the next path and the next house. I could see they were going to get in trouble and soon I saw a normal sized car that was built with a huge engine and the ability to go through the snow. They pulled in front of the sno-mobilers in a dramatic side slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment