Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Basketball Outing



My wife and I and step sister and kids were at a function. It was partially a basketball function. I recall that there was bickering over the way that the refs were making calls on the way that one fellow was keeping his arms out in front of him all of the time and in order to protest a member of the other team jumped up and sat on the arms that the other fellow constantly had extended in front of him. When this happened the fellow that had his arms extended looked at the referee in defiance and assurance and sure enough the ref told the fellow that was sitting on the arms to quit and that what the other fellow was doing was OK.

I recall at half time they had a couple of fellows doing trick shooting. They would have a ball that was rigged to spark in fire and the player would shoot it and try to make a basket from a long distance and they were trying to make it and time it so that when the ball flared in fire that it would be going through the hoop. Another trick was to take two balls in their hands and dunk both of them. However one of the balls was a gigantic football shaped ball about the size of two basketballs.

There was a particular boy about 7 or 8 that was playing with me and I recall that I was laying on the floor of a carpeted room and the boy threw a new toy plane towards me and the plane hit a flower pot above me and covered me with dirt. I put a huge chunk back in the pot and stood up and started brushing off a lot of dirt and then left to go change.

At one point my wife brought out a couple of items. They were single-bed sized cushions and were wrapped with plastic that was blown full of air. So the effect was seeing a very light cushion with a bubble of plastic around it. She said that she had popped hers but that mine was a cushion that I could sleep on when needed. I put it down on the carpet and laid on it and asked my wife if she was going to know what cushions or mattresses were going to be the best for every place we traveled.

During this time my mother was participating at another function and my father was on a bus as a chaperone for the people that were riding on it. I caught a bus out front and went to it and my father let me in a back door and asked me to watch things for a bit. He explained to me that everything that I could need was on the buses now days and I explained that I had seen that on a bus that I had taken from Denver Colorado to where we were at now. I explained that that bus had a small bar in it and a dining area and everything that you could need.

No comments:

Post a Comment